The Optec 5500/5500P
While the updated Optec 5500 is easier to use than ever before, it retains the trusted accuracy it is known for. The Optec 5500P Vision Tester adds the ability to perform peripheral visual screening (a test featuring flashing lights on a horizontal plane with stimuli at 85, 70, and 55 inches temporally, and 45 inches nasally) and sets the industry standard for vision testing devices. Among the features that make the Optec 5500 vision screener so user-friendly are a remote control and use of color-corrected light. This model weighs less than 15 pounds, is portable, and requires a mere two square feet of space. The package includes 12 test slides and a choice of the standard vision testing slide packages, as well as the option to create a vision testing slides library of more than 150 test slides. Contrast sensitivity slide packages are also available for purchase upon request.
Optec 5500/5500P Vision Screener Features:
- New, unsurpassed homogenous illumination
- L.E.D. lighting system
- Background luminance complies with international standards
- Distance/Near lens systems
- Two separate viewing ports for accurate distance 20 ft. (6 m) & near 16 in. (40 cm) testing
- Select a standard test package or customize to specific testing needs by choosing up to 12 slides from the library of over 150 testing slides
- Standard test packages have been designed for: Ophthalmology, Optometry, Occupational Medicine, Schools, Pediatrics, Athletics, F.A.A., Public Health, Primary Care, D.O.T., Driver Rehabilitation, Contrast Sensitivity (optional), or Customize a Test Package
- Optional slide packages include: F.A.C.T. Contrast Sensitivity (Sine Wave), C.A.T. Contrast Sensitivity (Letter)
- All test slides are produced on high-quality photographic film sealed between 2 glass plates, ensuring that the high-quality images will last for years
- Lightweight and portable, weighing less than 15 lbs (6.8 kg), requiring only 2 square feet (0.6 m) of space, has scratch resistant and washable surface made of ABS plastic
Optec 5500/5500P Vision Screener Options
- The Optec 5500 remote control includes: accessory kit*, and 1 standard slide package
- The Optec 5500P remote control includes: accessory kit*, and 1 standard slide package, the peripheral test
*Accessory kit includes: dust cover, pointer, lens cleaner, headrest tissues, recording forms, and instruction manual.
- Ophthalmic Prescreening:This slide package is suitable for screening the vision of individuals from preschool through adulthood. The ophthalmic pre-screening package is the ideal solution for school vision tests, athletic and employment physicals, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) vision screening, and general check-ups.
- F.A.C.T.® Contrast Sensitivity: Vision testing options with this slide package include both distance and near tests for acuity, color sensitivity and perception, phorias, stereopsis, and potential acuity. This package is best for clinical studies and research applications.
- Driver Rehabilitation:This slide package is a complete general vision testing solution, perfect for schools, athletic and employment physicals, driver licensing examinations, FAA vision screening, and general check-ups.
- Medical with HOTV:The Medical with HOTV package is another good option for child through adult testing for schools, athletic physicals, pre-employment evaluations, and check-up tests.
- Medical with Michigan Preschool:This package is an alternative preschool through adult test sequence that can be used by schools, athletic programs, employers, and vision testing professionals performing general check-ups.
- Industrial Testing:The Stereo Optical industrial vision testing slide package is suitable for a variety occupational screening applications, incorporating precise, easily understood tests for distance, intermediate, and near vision with the aid of new intermediate lenses. This package includes the Purdue Job Standards Booklet for easy identification of subjects who require further testing.
- International Testing:Like the industrial package, the international package incorporates easy-to-understand tests for near, intermediate, and far vision with new intermediate lenses, as well as the Purdue Job Standards Booklet.